Around Here Thirty-One: 07/79-08/04

Saturday, August 6, 2016

A glimpse into what it is like to live in our home just this minute.














Intentional Hours Outside: 351 hours (of 1000)
Up twenty hours this past week, enjoying some outdoor time at the Cultural Village my sister created to celebrate opening day of the AAABA tournament (my cousin Morgan and I painted faces while the big kids spent almost the whole time rolling down a hill with a new friend, hah).  I took the dogs for walks a few times this week, sometimes with Rust in the carrier, or stopping a thousand times as Gemmi snagged blackberries off the bushes the whole way.  (Did you know the updated RunKeeper app now let's you create challenge groups?  My sisters and I are in competition together to see who can get 30 miles total in this month!) We headed over to Pappy and Gigi's house for dinner and another round of night swimming too!

Reading When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi and Harry Potter and Sorcerer's Stone by JK Rowling to Booboo at night.

Astonished that the week flew by so fast.  Seriously, I feel completely confused how that happened - proven in the fact that I'm finishing this post a day late and with nothing else to show for my blog for the whole rest of the week.  yeesh, that felt like a time lapse...alien abduction, maybe? you never can tell.

Having the funnest time ever with my sisters on our quasi-SCF weekend (scf = sisters come first.  sidenote: we have matching SCF tattoos!)  The three of us and our momma had a girls movie and dinner on Friday and watched Tina Fey and Amy Poehler in the movie Sisters (hysterical and I loved it so much).  On Saturday afternoon Gemma, Rust, and my sisters and I all met up for lunch and pedicures at the mall (Violet was on a special day with Gigi while Grey had a special double sleepover with Chum) and then Saturday night - we had a Line Dancing lesson with our friends to learn the Boot Scootin' Boogie followed by dinner, drinks, and dancing that had me smiling and laughing until (wait for it......) one am (!!)  seriously.  so so fun.  pretty tired on Sunday, but worth it.

Enjoying a wonderful day at Delgrosso's amusement park with our Mimi and cousins on Wednesday.  It's one of my favorite summer traditions; I love seeing the kids with all their Studer cousins and my kids love getting time to play with them where fun rides abound.  Grey headed off with his older cousins and they hit every single big ride there - Grey even riding the Drop tower for the first time (!! he said he'll wait until he's a little older to ride it again, hah).  Gemmi hung with the little ones in the kiddie area and relished in being their 'babysitter;' helping them get on and off of rides and keeping everyone in a line.  (thank you Mimi and Aunt Eileen for such a great day!)

Celebrating our family and friends.  Rusty hit the two month mark, our new friend Maisy was born last week (Congrats Stahls!!), and our bff Charlie man turned four this week!

Finishing my first round of the 21 day fix program and feeling a little frustrated with the scale.  I read this article though and it had me feeling a little better that I have a lot of great internal things happening right now (metabolism resetting, muscle building, lung capacity growing) and the external stuff (weight loss, inches) should come in the next round.  Had a long reassuring conversation with B about feeling annoyed about it, to which he said, "I will actually go sledgehammer that scale right now - you know the number has like nothing to do with it woman!!"  hahha.  I can feel myself changing on the inside - so much more energy and stamina and everything is getting easier to do - hitting +10,000 steps almost everyday and doing a workout and walking the dogs...but still - I could use a big dramatic change on the scale for a freaking ego boost, man.  In no way am I writing this to fish for compliments, I'm just putting it out there for all your other mommas (or daddas or aunts, or readers in general) who feel me on this.  Let's keep going for it though even though it's so flipping annoying.

Giggling about Gemma calling Rustin 'grunchy' when he makes his unhappy face.  It's a mishmash of grumpy and grouchy and I think it's a perfect description of his crabby little face.  He is pretty grunchy yet, but we're slowly getting to a happier boy (we hope!)

Getting the butterflies about back-to-school and the fall season.  gah, I just love it so so much.  I'm trying desperately to focus on the last week's of summer, but I've also been daydreaming about fall temperatures and color filled trees and Friday night lights and backpacks and settling into the school year routine.  oh gosh, focus Tabitha!  There's still plenty of swimming pool hopping and late night bedtimes (sometimes not until 10:30p!) ...but oh boy, I can feel autumn blowing in my bones already.

Making these cake mix chocolate chip cookies to celebrate National chocolate chip cookie day - it was an easy enough recipe the kids could do it completely on their own, plus by the time we got around to making them in late afternoon, I had no patience left to make them from scratch (they turned out delicious, so who cares!)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!