73 Questions

Sunday, October 11, 2015

There's something about random questionnaires that always give a sneak peek into a person that you don't normally get to see.  It's a Sunday and I've been blogging for a record (for me!) eleven days, so I gave myself a little reprieve tonight on this beautiful fall day to simply answer some questions.  It was easy to answer, but a lot more fun than I was expecting too.  I'd love if you answered the questions!  

I got this particular questionnaire from Lindsey at a Design So Vast

73 Questions-
1. How long have you been in the area?
I was born here, left for college (4 years), and then lived elsewhere for another six years after that.  Moved back 'home' in 2011 and wouldn't rather be anywhere else!

2. What’s your favorite season in your town?
fall

3. What’s your favorite activity in your town?
Greenhouse park or library storytime

4. Would you ever leave your town?
probably not unless the kids are all grown and gone 

5. What are three words to describe living in your town?
Seasonal, resilient, comforting

6. What’s your favorite movie?
The Princess Bride.  The Goonies is a close second

7. Favorite movie in past five years?
I talk about the Brass Teapot a lot because I think the plot was interesting.  We can watch the Five Year Engagement anytime it's on tv because...hysterical.

8. Favorite Hitchcock film?
Birds...but only because that's the only one I've ever (partially) seen

9. Favorite TV show that’s currently on?
The Walking Dead (season premiere tonight!)

10. What’s a book you plan on reading?
Those that Save Us by Jenna Blum

11. A book you read in school that positively shaped you?
Flowers for Algernon

12. A book you read in school that you never think of?
The Heart of Darkness

13. On a scale of one to ten how excited are you about life right now?
Nine

14. iPhone or Android?
iPhone

15. Twitter or Instagram?
instagram

16. Vine or Snapchat?
Neither, I don't get them

17. Who should EVERYONE be following right now?
On instagram, @childhoodunplugged because the photography is inspiring but also because it's important to remember that everything that is good about life happens while you're unplugged. On facebook @Humans of New York for the photos, the captions, and even the comments from strangers.  it's my daily dose of inspiration

18. What’s the coolest thing in this room?
the people's voices that I can hear from it (my people's)

19. What’s your favorite Hometown restaurant?
we love the Woodside

20. What’s your favorite food?
pizza

21. Least favorite food?
oysters

22. What do you love on your pizza?
ham, pineapple, banana peppers, and onions

23. Favorite drink?
the first sip of coffee in the morning when it's still quiet
otherwise, water

24. Favorite dessert?
chocolate chip walnut cookies

25. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
Dark

26. Weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
bear sausage (Brandon shot it with a bow in Canada) and it was horrible.  I tend to be pretty grossed out by texture, so I steer clear of things that look a certain way

27. What’s the hardest part about being a mom?
the worrying

28. What’s your favorite band?
classic: The Rolling Stones (it's a family birthright)
current: Little Big Town

29. Favorite solo artist?
classic:  Otis Redding
current:  Bruno Mars, Eric Church

30. Favorite lyrics?
Joy to the World by Three Dog Night

31. If your life were a song, what would the title be?
Dream big

32. If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would it be?
June Carter Cash

33. If you could master one instrument, what would it be?
bongo drums

34. If you had a tattoo, where would it be?
I do! (four), but I'd like to finish my 3/4 sleeve before I'm forty

35. To be or not to be?
To be

36. What’s Oprah like in person?
Probably fantastic

37. What number of question was this?
thirty-seven, ha

38. Dogs or cats?
Dogs

39. Kittens or puppies?
Puppies

40. Dolphins or koalas?
Dolphins

41. Bird-watching or whale-watching?
whale-watching (never have done it but I long to)

42. What’s your spirit animal?
a spider 
(i blame Charlotte's web!  I never kill them, no matter how big or creepy they are, but always scoop them up and transport them outside.  I admire their webs of beauty and how they all seem like women to me - are we all connected as mothers? yes - and also they eat flies, and I hate flies).

43. Best gift you’ve ever received?
my engagement ring from B

44. Last gift you gave a friend?
I don't 'believe' in gifts for grownups (worst friend ever), so I don't remember.  I do believe in gifts of time and if that's the case:  photographing kids' birthday party moments (the cake, family photos), emailing about family reunion idea suggestions, proofreading, long phone conversations..

45. A person you want to have coffee with?

46. A historical figure you’d love to have coffee with?
Rosa Parks

47. How do you like your coffee?
black

48. Can I play a note on this piano?
please.

49. What’s your favorite curse word?
(does favorite mean most used?) shit

50. What’s your favorite board game?
Scrabble

51. What’s your favorite country to visit?
Thailand

52. What’s the last country you visited?
Dominican Republic

53. What country do you wish to visit?
Cambodia

54. What do you see in this image right here?
I'm interested in reading the comments too please

55. Can you write down your favorite word that starts and ends with the same vowel?
educate

56. What’s your favorite color?
Yellow

57. Least favorite color?
I don't have a least favorite

58. What color dress did you wear to your prom?
I've been to five (!) pink, white, purple, blue, black&white 

59. Diamonds or pearls?
Pearls

60. Cheap shampoo or expensive?
Cheap

61. Blow-dry or air-dry?
air-dry, unless it's night and it's cold, then blow dry.

62. Heels or flats?
flip flops

63. Can you give an impersonation of someone?
I think I'm pretty good

64. Can you do the same impersonation with a British accent?
YES! (my read aloud hidden talent!  hello Peppa Pig!)

65. My friend outside this window would love to ask you a question?
Let's hear it

66. [Holding two different colored dresses] Which should I give my girlfriend?
What's your girlfriend like?

67. Pilates or yoga?
Yoga

68. Jogging or swimming?
Jogging

69. Best way to decompress?
Read in bed

70. If you had one superpower, what would it be?
Teleportation

71. Can you describe an experience you felt most nervous?
Standing at the top of the 'big kid' waterslide as Grey was sitting down to go down it by himself at three years old.  I was literally trying to calculate if he somehow flipped over face down at the top if Brandon would be able to resuscitate him at the bottom.  #mompanic  Totally cool and encouraging on the outside- having a panic attack inside. (spoiler alert: he loved it and rode it three hundred more times after that).  In the more general sense, worrying about the kids.

72. What’s the weirdest word in the English language?
pusillanimous

73. Last question: Is this the strangest interview you’ve ever had?
Not in the least.

4 comments:

  1. Okay. So now I want to see your wedding ring. And we have to break up. Because kill.all.the.spiders. Ha! Loved reading this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha, noooo! (both to breaking up and killing spiders) ;)

      Delete
  2. Such a great post idea! I'm hitting a personal blogging record too and starting to feel the fatigue. Must push through (aka I might be stealing this idea later this month when my brain is mush!)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope you do it, I want to read your answers :)

      Delete